Tutored by Teachers, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) is committed to protecting your privacy through our compliance with this policy.
“You” refers to users, who may include the parent/guardian of student accessing tutoring services or a student’s School who purchased Services for student to access.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.tutored.live (our “Website”), our online and mobile applications and platforms to receive tutoring services (our “Apps”) (the Website and Apps collectively referred to as “Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website. The Website is directed towards adults – e.g., school officials and parents/guardians interested in purchasing high-dosage tutoring. There are pages hosted on the tutored.live domain (but not publicly linked through our Website) directed towards students in order to access of our virtual tutoring services purchased by schools and similar entities (“Student Services”).
- Through our Apps (e.g., audiovisual platform to receive tutoring services).
- In email, telephone, text, and other electronic messages or other interactive services between you and our Services.
- From students or parents for purposes of processing payment or submitting receipts, if such functionality is offered on the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Service.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, date of birth, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, geolocators, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our client Schools. The term “School” refers to the educational institution, school, school district, or other related entity that has purchased Services from Company.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide through our Services.
We take our obligations to protect student privacy seriously. All contact, including tutoring sessions, between a tutor and any student should take place only in a supervised setting (e.g., supervised by school staff or parent/guardian). We generally collect personally identifiable student information (“Student Data”) through your School or parent/guardian outside the Website (e.g. ,via secure transfer methods). We will only use Student Data to provide the Services as described herein or in the agreement with your School. With regards to Student Data, we may collect student first name, student last name, grade level, assessment data, and user-generated content (e.g., completed assessments during tutoring programming, session recordings) with consent from school and/or parent/guardians as described herein.We cannot control the actions of other users of our Services with whom you may choose to share your user-generated content (e.g., other students participating in a tutoring session). Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your user-generated content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Information collected from tutoring services.
With your consent on behalf of student users (which may be provided with notice and your continued use of Services), we may monitor or record online tutoring services provided to improve Services, protect your safety or the safety of other users, to assist with regulatory or law enforcement efforts, or to protect and defend our rights and property. By using our Services, you (e.g., School or parent/guardian) consent to the recording, storage and disclosure of such communications of student’s participation in Services in compliance with applicable law.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and any other identifying information), if you contact us through the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and Apps, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website and Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, access time and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services. This data may be used to track attendance of tutoring services.
- Information about your computer, mobile device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, mobile network information, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website.
- Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not generally collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
If you visit the Website and Services (which are directed to adults and have no functional use for students), we may also permit third parties to place cookies for the purpose of displaying customized content and advertising to you on other websites or services, or on other devices you may use. We work with third-party providers to direct online advertisements to users who may find them relevant to their interests.
We do not use behavioral advertising cookies or conduct targeted advertising on any areas of our Student Services used by students/minors for K-12 school purposes. For any questions about how we or any third-party uses your data, please do not hesitate to contact us (see below).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide our Services.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it (e.g., providing contact information for tutoring scheduling reminders).
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and/or your School and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services.
- For identification and authentication purposes.
- For administration of and troubleshooting of our systems.
- For advertising as described herein.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We endeavor to only share a minimum amount of Student Data to facilitate the arrangement of tutoring sessions.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about students and our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction consistent with applicable law.
We will not (1) sell Student Data; or (2) use Student Data to target advertisements or market to students or anyone else, to amass a profile about a K-12 educational student for a non-educational purpose, or for any purposes prohibited by the Family Educational and Privacy Rights Act (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99.3) (“FERPA”) and other applicable law.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. If we transfer personal information to a third-party, we will take commercially reasonable steps to ensure the third-party uses the data in compliance with law and for the purposes of delivering Services.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others (e.g., for health and safety pursuant to FERPA).
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Emails and Text Communications: If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can unsubscribe from the email communication using a link within the email correspondence. Regarding text messages, you may opt-out by emailing us (contact information below) or following instructions in the text regarding opting out of such communications.
Links to Third Party Sites
Please note the Website and Apps may contain links to other sites. These linked sites may not be operated or controlled by Company. Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of these or any other sites, and you access these sites entirely at your own risk. Please review the privacy policies you visit.
The Services comply with all applicable provisions of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). To the extent COPPA applies to the information we collect or the Services, we will use such information for educational purposes only, at the direction of the partnering School and on the basis of the consent provided by the School (or parent/guardian) on behalf of students using the Services.
If you believe we might have any information from a child without parental consent, please contact us (see below).
If your educational institution (or you if you are a direct consumer of Company) has any questions or concerns regarding disclosures, or if your educational institution would like to access, correct, or delete personal student information on behalf of your school or pursuant to parent/guardian requests in accordance with COPPA (or in accordance with FERPA, or other applicable laws), please contact us (see below).
To the extent the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”) applies to information we collect about individual California consumers, it is your right under CCPA to, access, rectify, object to, request erasure, export or choose how we process any personally identifiable information collected for the delivery of our Services at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights described herein, please direct these requests to your School or if you are a parent/guardian who is directly paying for services, you may contact us (see below).
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or Apps. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or Apps.